It’s been awhile since my last post and lots has happened and will happen soon, so let’s get caught up!
- We are awaiting Travel Approval from China and still hope to leave within the next two weeks with the hope of meeting and taking guardianship of Emily on Kevin’s birthday! Adoption Day would be the next day and we would be home mid July.
- James had his second surgery yesterday and did very well. His cast will come off in about six weeks, soon after we’re home. The surgeon took pictures in the OR and shared them with us – his new thumb looks so good! We are so happy for him and can’t wait to see him get to use it!
- James will get a new splint for his right hand because he’s outgrown the other one which is a GOOD thing!
- Emily’s appointments at CHOP are setup for the week after we return, but pray that we can work through some insurance coverage issues for the labwork she needs. We’ll also be lining up an early intervention evaluation from the county as soon as we get home.
- We were blessed with an evening honoring our family and the Williams – Ping Ping’s new family, by several women from our previous church here in NJ. We shared our story, they prayed with us, and showered us with generous gifts, and words of love and support. It was extra special to share this evening with Gabi who blessed my heart beyond words by speaking up herself in prayer and grateful tears for this journey God has put before us. I am so honored to be her Mama!
- We are rejoicing in the arrival home of a very special little boy from Emily’s orphanage – we were able to help the family with miles to get Joseph home when their first airline refused to let them on because of his medical condition. If you haven’t seen their video yet, you have to check it via the link above – so inspiring and moving!
- We are also rejoicing that a family has been found for a special little girl that I have been advocating for for several months. We can’t wait to share more as our families actually have a random but very cool connection! This little girl was one of the ones we reviewed before saying yes to Emily and now we can say that each of those little girls now has a family working to bring them home! So thankful for how God places the lonely in families! #afamilyforeverychild
- My mom is coming to help this week as we work through the rest of the to-do list – yay!
- This weekend we’re taking advantage of a special needs parent’s night out opportunity with our church for one last date night before we become a family of 6!
- Emily’s clothes are set out, the bags of stuff we’re bringing are starting to accumulate as we wonder exactly how we’re going to fit everything in our suitcases – haha! But in a few days it will be time to get very serious about packing so we really make sure we can actually fit it all.
I’ll update again as soon we have our Travel Approval – thanks for following along!